Slow cooker white bean chicken chili verde
Using your Slow Cooker makes this White Bean Chicken Chili Verde a cinch! Just toss in your ingredients, and let it simmer all day! Come home to a warm, filling bowl of soup!
Yesterday was cold, windy, and rainy.
I couldn’t have been happier!
I know that might sound strange, but I have been longing for some nice cool weather and the big thunderstorm we had was so calming. It made me just want to curl up on the couch with a big bowl of warm soup!
So even though I did have to go to work, I absolutely did make that big warm bowl of soup! I opted for a White Bean Chicken Chili made extra special with salsa verde and lime juice.
This will definitely become one of our favorite soups this fall. It was super filling, extra tasty and required hardly any effort at all! Since this is a slow cooker recipe you just toss in your ingredients and go!
Here is how we make it!
Throw in some chopped onion, jalapenos, and garlic in your slow cooker.
You’re almost done! Add the white beans and the chicken broth. Stick a lid on that baby and let it simmer all day!
When I came home I pulled the chicken out of the crock pot and shredded it with a fork. Really, I kind of just poked at it a because it is so tender it just falls apart. Then I added the chicken back into the slow cooker, squeezed a whole lime over the top and a sprinkle of seasoned salt. I let it simmer another 30 minutes or so.
That is it! Serve this soup with tortilla chips and all your favorite Mexican fixings or with a side of cornbread! You will love how simple and satisfying this is!
- 2 pounds chicken breast, fat removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cans green chilis (4.5 ounce)
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed (15 ounces)
- 1 (32 ounce container) of chicken stock
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons season salt, garlic salt or salt based cajun seasoning
- Place the chopped onion, diced and seeded jalapeno peppers, and minced garlic in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Top with Chicken breast and spices
- Add undrained cans of green chills and salsa verde
- Add the cans of drained and rinsed white beans and chicken broth.
- Let mixture simmer on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Before you serve, remove the chicken breast and shred, add the shredded chicken back to the crock pot.
- Squeeze lime juice into the soup and sprinkle season salt, stir, and let simmer an additional 20-30 minutes.