Healthy broccoli chicken casserole
This healthy chicken casserole made with broccoli, water chestnuts, and cheddar cheese is the perfect home-cooked meal for a family dinner! Add to your food prep and meal plan today.
Making a casserole like this takes less than half the time it normally would when you already have chicken cooked. And actually, after a quick Google search of healthy broccoli chicken casserole, it looks like nearly all the recipes out there calls for cooked chicken. Some call for a rotisserie chicken, which sounds 1) like too much work or 2) way more expensive than it needs to be!
Healthy Broccoli Chicken Casserole
- yield 6
- 1 pound raw broccoli, chopped
- 1 pound shredded chicken, cooked (about three large chicken breasts, cooked)
- 1 cup cooked jasmine rice
- 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened original almond milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar
- 2 T panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add broccoli, chicken, rice, and water chestnuts to a bowl. Stir together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together Greek yogurt, almond milk, and seasonings. Once mixed completely, stir in the mozzarella and 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar.
- Pour yogurt mixture over broccoli and chicken mixture. Stir together until mixed completely.
- Grease a casserole dish. Pour the whole mixture into dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top, then sprinkle panko.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until broccoli is cooked through.